I'm Going To Hell For Sloth.

[As well as gluttony, lust and greed.]

Yes.  I'm in a funk.  And not the good, "play that funky music, white boy" kind of funk.  The bad funk.  I lost my drive somehow.  It pains me, because I was doing so well.  Like, so well.  It's not even because the work is too hard.  I just... don't feel like doing it.  Of course I want to do well, but every once in a while, I'd just rather play Sims or sit around and eat than do my work.  For instance, right now I should be applying a blind hem to a skirt that was due 2 days ago, instead of writing here.  Suddenly, I'm behind in everything, and I can't bring myself to try any harder.  Sound familiar?  This midterm slump happens every semester, like clockwork.  I'm hoping I'll find my stride again after spring break.  My body and mind can't always keep up with the life I live.  I get complacent very quickly.  Unfortunately, I think I just need more frequent breaks than college curriculum allows.

I'm not even wasting my time drawing.  I just stare into space.  Yadda yadda yadda.

I really do want to try harder.  I envy the overachievers.  My want doesn't match my effort.
I wish I weren't so ok with being average.




[Note to self:  Add envy to the sin list.]





0 stitches: